Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween mis queridos zapallos!
 
Yesterday when we were teaching we used Genesis 39 to teach about the way we can flee from temptations. We are working with a man to help him stop drinking acohol. This seems to be a very common theme- teaching about the Word of Wisdom and helping them leave behind addictions and habits. I am thankful that Jesus Christ suffered even for our temptations. Even if I have never experienced the challenges of these people, I know that Christ has and that He knows exactly how to give them relief. I have felt the Spirit tell us exactly what to say or share to help others recognize the healing power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
 
Yesterday, Hna Lara and I walked with long branches in one hand and rocks in the other. Just in case the pack of dogs decided to do more than bark loudly. haha.
 
It is heating up in Milagro but we are working through the sun and I am loving it here. The members are wonderful and help us out a ton. Our Bishop is all about focusing on helping the converts and I love this. Yesterday a member took us to the house of his cousin to teach her. It was so fun. The lesson went something like this, Do you believe that God hears your prayers? 15 minutes of stories. Would you read this scripture? reads... What can you do to prepare in this life to meet God? 15 minutes of feelings and experiences. Ok ¿Se bautizarà? 15 minutes of questions, and a hopeful response. This is an exagerration of the lesson but something like that. The people here are sooo loving and kind to us, and I feel grateful to serve among a people that believes in God and wants to be close to Him.
 
I know that Jesus Christ is the head of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know He lives and loves us. I know He wants us to be able to live with Him again someday. He is so merciful to those that come unto Him. I have seen and felt this!
 
Love,
Hermana Garlock

 

No comments:

Post a Comment