Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful!!!

Hola hola hola to one and all,
Yesterday when it started raining here, I closed my eyes and tried to imagine the cold. I almost could feel it. So far, even if it rains, it is warm. Oh I love this place. :)
Some of our mamitas have turkeys waddling around and I am wondering if they will kill them for the Christmas season. 
Last week, for PDay we went to the center to look for Ecuador stuff. But, shortly thereafter we found Christmas trees and I broke down and bought two!!!!! They are beautiful little trees with lights and we bought sparkly ribbon to put on it. We are happy for our trees. Small as they might be, they are special reminders. Primarily of the birth of Jesus Christ.
This week an organization from the U.S. came to give clothes and toys to children here. They had asked that the missionaries help out, so in response to their request, we went to help handout these gifts and sing church songs. I realized that this was a very nice, generous gesture, but I also felt a deep sense of gratitude for the great calling that I have currently. I do not simply hand out toys to children, but I share the true gospel of Jesus Christ. The gospel of Jesus Christ that heals hearts, comforts the abused, and offers us HOPE to change our lives. Through this restored gospel, we can be baptized, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and by continuing faithful, enter in God´s presence with our families. Can I just say that I am so thankful to be a missionary for our Savior Jesus Christ! It is a beautiful work.
Yesterday in church one of our converts, was asked to share his testimony of his conversion. I was touched by his simple testimony. He stated with emotion in his voice that he has had a drastic change in his life. It is true! Saturday he will be interviewed to receive the Melchezidek (oh no....I do not remember how to spell that!) Priesthood. He was baptized September 3rd and is a faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Yesterday we went with him to talk to more of his brothers who are living the ways of the world....I pray that in the future they will fully accept the gospel and experience the wonderful change that their brother has had.
 Love,
Hermana Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment