Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Transfers

This week has been absolutely unlike any other. Monday night, we received transfer calls and at 6am Tuesday we left to Guayaquil. Hna Lara is now in Machala (four hours from here) and it was sad to say goodbye. We really have had some very special experiences together as companions. I will always be thankful for her dedication to the work. I then joined up with my friends-- The mission nurses!
I then went to the training for the new missionaries and found out that my companion did not arrive! She is still in the Provo MTC because she got sick and has to wait to come. All week I was in Guayaquil in the office with the nurses. That was interesting because I was not planning on spending the night there...and I ended up staying in Guayaquil until Saturday morning. And what a different mission life in the office. Wow. I have a lot of appreciation for all that they do for the sickies of the mission. Saturday, Hna Needham, one of the missionaries had to go home because she fractured her foot or something like that. Saturday I was sent back home with her companion, Hna Robison.

Hna Robison and I are now companions! She is from SLC, UT and got here one change ago. We do not know if it is permanent or what will happen but we are enjoying ourselves. She is in the bordering sector to mine so we are working in both sectors for now and will wait to see if we are assigned new companions or if we are assigned to work in just one of our sectors. Yesterday at 10am we left my investigators at my church building and went in taxi to Hna Robison`s ward to give talks. I talked about the how we must share the gospel because we are all children of God. Also, that our knowledge of the Plan of Salvation makes us accountable to share the message of the Restoration. I am thankful for the principles that my parents and grandparents have taught me and it is my desire that the converts I have taught will likewise teach their children the principles of the gospel.

Saturday we got back in time to see our baptisms. Thanks to my excellent zone leaders and ward members, Sergio was able to be baptized!!!!!!
I hope that you have a fabulous Thanksgiving. I will be eating lots of rice and perhaps fish for Thanksgiving.  I am most thankful at this time of year for my family, the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the opportunity to share the gospel!!!

love,
Hermana Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment