Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Duck Soup

Hola,
 
What do you do when the mother of three eager kids does not want to sign the baptism permission?
 
Enter the house, start cleaning, exit. Repeat weekly. This is what we did about two months ago. End of the story--- the mother herself, was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints this very weekend. It is a miracle story. I testify that by small and simple things great things, even the Salvation of mankind, are brought to pass.
 
I love this family so much. The kids run down the street to meet us and yell as soon as they see us, Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeermaaaaaaaaaaana! It anounces to the whole neighborhood that we have arrived. The younger kids call me Hermana Garliiitiii. It is so so fun.  
  
After church Sunday, my companion and I were happily eating our soup and chatting with our mamita Ruth. My blissful enjoyment of the soup quickly ended as she mentioned to us that she bought the meat (DUCK) in the soup from Nancy and Sergio. I wanted to cry. It was like eating my pet after she told me that. Nancy and Sergio have ducks that waddle around and I love them because it reminds me of the beach- of Grandma and Grandpa´s house. Sometimes it is just best NOT to ask what we are eating and to simply ENJOY the food.
 
Interesting points of the normal happenings;
-For breakfast, we enjoy blending bananas with milk. Delicious! The bananas here are sooo good. There are all different types and our investigators often give freely from their trees.
-At KFC here you can buy a full meal with rice, beans, fried chicken thigh or breast, and pop for $2.25
-As of late, the people have told me that I look like I am 16 years old. This makes me happy. I am as free and innocent as a 16 year old. Good to hear it!
 
I am doing very well and we are working to find more people ready and waiting to accept the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I love this work. It is a joy to be able to see the changes in the lives of these people. I pray and pray that the conversions are lasting.
 
Edmundo said the sacrament prayer for the agua. The members were sooo impressed because he had memorized it in just one week and said it perfectly. He was baptized about two months ago and is already in Mosiah in the Book of Mormon. Love it! I know the Book of Mormon is true and it is the iron rod. Hold tight!
 
Thank you for your love and prayers. I need them and I can feel them!
 
Love,
Hermana Garlock
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment