Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Conference

Well hello again my dear ones!

 We should all feel just a little bit closer knowing we spent eight hours this weekend doing the exact same thing--- watching conference! I love conference. I love it. It is a little different here. Should we say a little stressful? But very very exciting. It is a wonderful opportunity for investigators to learn and to understand a little more about the Church. 

Hna Lara and I prayed our little hearts out and walked and talked our feet out. I actually did lose my voice, and we had to buy pills for the pain in Hna Lara´s feet. It all paid off and we had a very fun week. We learned to teach quick, invite, and testify. :) 

Lots of the evangelical churches here prohibit dancing when you get baptized. Along with makeup, earrings, etc. It made me laugh when Luis, one of our investigators, commented that he was surprised to see us wearing earrings and with makeup. I am certain to put earrings on everyday now to distinguish us as missionaries. 
 
I absolutely loved conference. We were able to watch all the sessions. I am excited to memorize more scriptures, gain a deeper understanding of the Atonement, listen to the Spirit more, and serve.  
 
Love,
 
 
Hermana Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment