Monday, August 8, 2011

Moved

 HOLA!
Well I have spent the morning up to my elbows in Clorox bleach. I am actually happy to report this. We moved houses this week!!!!! YES I actually had somewhat of a change in the mission!!! Haha....The funny part is that we changed houses to live in the bordering ward to my current ward (it is still the same stake). And although we changed houses, we have not changed sectors. I am still in Bolivar! So now we take a bus for 10-15 minutes to our sector. The miraculous part is that Hermana Salmon and I still live together. I believe the plan was that just the nurses would change houses, but plans change. I will definitely enjoy this new house--- we have TWO bathrooms, a small air conditioning unit in the main room, and we go on the roof to do our morning exercises. I can see mountains from here as well. Love it. I will send pictures soon.
 
Contributing to the change is that I have a different companion! Hermana Arias from Quito, Ecuador. Quito is the capital, north of here. She is actually assigned to serve in Venezuela but is waiting for her visa. Hna Lara is in Milagro and I will miss that girl. It has been an exciting week. I actually got to leave Guayaquil for the first time! We traveled in bus just one hour to Milagro. But it was like a whole new world. Ecuador is so beautiful! I saw pigs, horses, and stuff. Lots and lots of palm trees and other foreign looking trees. Many of the houses were built out of thin wood planks and are held tall off the grass on stilts. It was a fun experience.
 
As we talked to a taxi driver this week, I realized once again how important and necessary the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ was. He was convinced God is a spirit and could hardly believe we thought anything different. Surely it is the Spirit of God- the Holy Ghost that has made it known to me that God is my Father. That He has a glorified body of flesh and bones and that we can become like Him. He loves us and knows us and cares about us. I know that He works miracles in this day according to our faith. I know He listens to our prayers and wants us to talk to Him. Not just say recited words that sound all nice and worshipy, but actually communicate with Him. Learning to pray is a process I am working on so that I can always communicate love and adoration to my Heavenly Father. It is something we all need to do, daily, always, in private, and with our families. 
 
I am thankful for the wonderful parents I have. You have always shown me such love and care. I hear awful stories and meet people here who have experienced such hard things in their homes. I cannot even imagine it. It fills me with such sadness, but also opens my eyes to the way I have been blessed. I am incredibly thankful for the parents I have. I hope I can always find ways to keep the commandment to honor my parents, because you both surely deserve it!
 
With lots of Love your daughter, sister, granddaughter, etc,
Hermana Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment