Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Officially Transferred!!

I would like to report that I have been transferred, YES I OFFICIALLY HAVE BEEN CHANGED!!!! Starting of course with the mosquitos, but more importantly in the sense of the people here live like we are camping. Cold showers, kids running around without shoes on outside--I would like to note that the parents in Guayaquil freak out when their kids don´t have their flip flops on inside the house whereas here the kids are rolling in dirt and the parents are asking me to take pictures. haha. Seriously.
 
I think I have been transferred to my new home. And I am ever so so so happy. I wish I could express the joy I am feeling here. I am in Milagro, milagro in English means miracle. It is quite a fitting name. There are MANY people ready for the gospel here. The people are just really loving and happy. They are so easy to love, which I am thankful for because this change could have been really sad with leaving what felt like my home.
 
Thursday morning, was an emotional morning to say the least. Leaving so many friends, who feel more like family, not to even mention leaving the easy bake oven and washer and dryer, sent me straight to tears. I know I should have been expecting to be changed at some point from Bolivar, but I was so confident my time had not come to an end. 
 
Surprise! The companion waiting to meet me, was Hna Lara! We just had a week or so apart and now are back together. I am thankful for her friendship during the transition time of leaving Bolivar. I feel somewhat how it feels to have broken up with your first love. After eight months in the same place, the people there are my family and friends! I love every one of those converts soooo much and it broke my heart a little to leave them. I will continue to pray for them and for the members.  
 
It is like a dream come true. Huge guava trees, avocados, zapote, mangos, chocolate trees, bananos, etc.
I am excited for the harvest time. Right now there are a lot of fruits, but the best fruits (MANGO) is yet to come. The people here are so generous and receptive to the gospel. Every day we have been given fruits. Ohhhh I am in love. The lifestyle here is completely different. It is just relaxed and peaceful. The houses here are small but very well organized. This really impresses me. The houses are decorated and swept and washed clean. The floors of most of the houses seem to be some kind of pavement or cement.
 
The ward here is wonderful too. I am excited to get to know the members. There is a big task ahead to get to know all of the members and the streets and everything. The great difficulty been that here the streets do not really have directions. The houses do not have numbers and there are no signs with the street names. One member told me the directions to her house and that is what it says on church records.....hmmmm....This should be interesting.
 
Love,
Hermana Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment