Monday, July 18, 2011

No Transfer: Cambios


Hola!!!

Ok and the moment you and I have all been waiting for....CAMBIOS.
Let`s just say they came and they went. In fact, transfers had already
happened when I wrote my email last week. Only I did not know it
because we somehow did not have transfers! 

I am at peace with it and happy to  still be herein Bolivar. I never 
imagined that I would be in my first sector for solong, but it is really 
fun to know the people here and to feel so at home.

I am happy how it has worked out because it also means that I have the 
little convection oven to make muffins and cookies to our hearts desires. 
Also, I enjoy the luxury of a washing machine and dryer. ohhh life is good.

Things are good here. Sometimes it is super hot and the sun is
strong...other times there is not a lot of sun but it is more hot and
muggy. In the mornings and night it is usually cooler and perfect.
This is the month of the festival of Guayaquil. The bands in the
schools march down the streets practicing. It is mostly loud drumming.

I am grateful to be a missionary and to have this grand opportunity to
learn and grow. The process of learning and growing means stretching
and pulling. What makes me the most happy: seeing people
change and be baptized and press forward in the gospel.

We all have challenges and we can choose to face them with the help of
our loving Heavenly Father or with the depressing guidance of the
devil. The Lord is so merciful. He wants us to continue on, in His
loving arms. He forgives us and He will greatly reward us as we
diligently strive to be like Him. 

It is my plea that we choose to walk the path of the Savior. What we 
sacrifice becomes nothing of a sacrifice...rather, the Lord blesses us 
with more than we offered. Many of the people here in Ecuador have so 
few physical posessions. It is easier to discern here between needs and 
wants. What we need in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 
If we have this, the Lord will fulfill all our other needs.

Love,
Hemana Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment