Monday, June 6, 2011

No Cambios

Hola!

THANK YOU for encouraging/guiding/teaching me so that I made the choice to be baptized! You are fabulous parents. Yesterday we were talking to a mom of a recent convert, Joanna. Neither of her parents are baptized and the dad does not support her whatsoever in her decision. I realized with gratitude in my heart that I am so blessed that you are my parents.
 
Baptism is the ticket to the Celestial Kingdom. I am thankful for you and for our faithful ancestors who have given me and my future posteridad this opportunity and blessing. Sweet.

Cambios--transfers came and went. I AM IN THE SAME SECTOR! Woo hoo!!!!! This is possibly a greater test of faith than a change. Our sector is relatively small, so now it gets really exciting. I feel more like a detective. Where oh where is Waldo (or the elect who are ready to be baptized). The truth is the more time I am here, the more beautiful it all is-- relationships with members, joy in seeing converts, houses, etc. As we try to discover new places, homes, and people waiting, it really becomes an adventure!

My companion did change---Hermana Reyes is in Milagro (one hour from here) and Hermana Lara, also from Honduras is my companion! She is wonderful! Hermana Lara came in the same group with Hna Reyes-- so has one cambio. She is gentle, and quiet, but also liberally talks with the people and has a strong testimony. I am excited we are companions.

love,
Hermana Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment