Monday, June 27, 2011

Duck!


Hola Familia!
QUACK! QUACK!
Today we ate DUCK! with minestra (beans), rice, and mashed potatoes. Olga Leon de Ruiz invited us to eat with them. I really actually enjoyed eating duck. Maybe not the healthiest meat there is, but tasty. I made Dad´s muffins that he loves. They are a great hit here, but have to be made without the blueberries. There are no blueberries to be found except in pictures on cereal boxes. haha.

Last Sunday, for Bishop Cercado´s family, I made enchiladas. The first time they had ever eaten enchiladas. They miraculously turned out well....I had to get creative because the same items are not here. It was fun to experiment a little....

This week was a whirlwind! Hermana Salmon came with me to my sector Friday because she has been having problems with her knees with the crazy amounts of stairs in her sector (her sector is a hill of lego houses). She has been diligently icing her knees and they are getting better. We had soooo much fun together Friday--we put two baptism dates. It was awesome to actually teach together and not just practice in the MTC. I LOVE Hna Salmon---she is an angel!!! We were laughing so hard in the lesson with Isabel and Theresa because they had this cat that kept jumping on us. Theresa took her shoe and hit it on the head a few times...It worked like a charm until the cat forgot (possibly due to brain damage from getting hit on the head a lot?) and the process repeated. Any ways, it was a fun exchange and I am thankful we were companions for even one afternoon. :)

Bryan Jeremy Araujo Celio was baptized this weekend! His family was inactive in the ward and Patricia Rodriguez showed us where they live and turns out Bryan had not been baptized (9 years old). The family is now active and committed to come to church. What a blessing! Now they need to work to go to the temple as a family.

Thank you for your prayers and love. I know this is the work of the Lord. It brings great joy and the Lord blesses His workers greatly.
Love,
Hermana Garlock

 P.S.  This is the little tienda (store) that is right by our apartment.  It is a perfect place to buy bananas, snacks or whatever items we may need.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, came to your blog when I googled for "Guayaquil monoriel".. o.o we dont have that here I wonder what you where refering to.. I think one of those would be very handy tho for relieving the traffic a bit. Anyways, I started being nosy (sorry) about your blog, nice to know people come here to make social labor and help poor people, our society needs a lot of this. I hope youre enjoying Guayaquil, it has nice places but you gotta be carefull with the dangerous zones tho. Anyways, if youve chanse visit our beaches like Salinas or MontaƱa, its a nice weather right now over there and not too many people. I bet you already visited Malecon 2000 and Parque Historico, but if you havent those are a must.

    p.s. its spelled menestra =p

    ReplyDelete