Monday, March 28, 2011

Excited to be a missionary!

Hola!
This week was wonderful X1000. The senor companions had a four day training with Presdient Montalti and I loved it. I AM SO EXCITED TO BE A MISIONARY NOW! Now-- as in now in these days. This is a very exciting time to be apart of the missionary work. The Lord is hastening His work. It is evident in every way. We learned about listening to the investigators more and applying the Book of Mormon to their individual lives. There is such power in this that people can feel immediately that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. When people feel this, then they have a desire to CHANGE their lives. Woo Woo yea yea! The fruits of this change or repentance then is.....baptism.

Jester and Luiz were baptized Saturday. Jester is 14 years old and is super cute. It is a beautiful process to watch her grow and learn in the gospel. She gains more and more confidence all the time. As for Luiz, this is a downright miracle. He is deaf and mute, but can read and knows sign language. We began teaching him when Hna Rosas was here and I would laugh and laugh after because Hna Rosas tried to do sign language with him. Well, Hna Rosas left and I found myself doing the same thing! I am simply happy. Happy because Luiz now can have the Spirit with him all the time. I know this is a huge blessing in my life and I can only imagine what it would be like to never hear or talk, but I am certain that Luiz does not feel quite so alone or isolated with the Spirit. I am thankful for the opportunities I have to know these precious people. I am thankful for the converting power of the gospel of Jesus Christ. This gospel is true true true.

I feel rejuvinated and excited about this work! 
Love,
Hermana Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment