Monday, March 14, 2011

Training!!


Hola!

This week we had a big training meeting on Friday--with the tsunami in Japan and events in other places, I believe Ecuador was on alert or something. So Friday we got a call to pack our bags and go to the
stake center where all the missionaries in the surrounding areas were gathered. It was a neat training about listening to the needs of the investigators. A great time to have a training so that Hermana Falls and I can apply the principles in the start of our companionship.
             President Montalti and me at our Training Meeting
It was good to see President Montalti as always. I am waiting to meet his wife and three kids someday. Hermana Montalti is busy, busy helping with the nurses of the mission and being a mom! President Montalti is a fun man and in the training he asked me to share my experience about the first baptism invitation I gave.
My first day in my sector we met, taught, and invited Gio to be baptized. He was baptized just 3 weeks later! I am realizing that if I do not willingly get rid of my fears and overcome my weaknesses, Heavenly Father in His wisdom will give me opportunities to overcome them. President Montalti also shared Hermana Rosa's testimony (my first companion). We all love Hna Rosas and I miss my dear friend and companion!
         4 a.m. saying good-bye to my sweet companion at the airport!


Hermana Falls is my new companion and  we get along just great. She is from Ogden, Utah and is a worker! We are ready to baptize all of Ecuador. haha Hermana Falls says she is not very social, but she does
great with the people. When we eat the food, she says, "WOW! I love this. oooooƶooo delicious. WOW. What is this called? Mmmm good!" It goes over REALLY well with the members and they love her too. I was
thankful this week that she loved the sardines we ate....I may have given her a good portion of my sardines.

I have really felt the Lord's love this week. It is wonderful to feel His love for His children and to feel His love for me! I am thankful to be a member of His church and to have His guidance in my life.

Thank you for your love, prayers, letters and thoughts.
Love,
Hermana Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment