Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mudsquito Repellent!!!

This week, we left our apartment to go to District Meeting in our stake center. As Hna C and I were waiting at the bus stop, she turns to me and tells me that my white blouse is stained. Our apartment was a little dim in the morning (I am going to blame my clothing choice on the lack of light) and I put on one of my favorite blouses without paying much attention to the appearance. When Hna C  pointed this out to me, we quickly ran back to the house to change. What followed was a breakdown! After over a year of the same shirts, skirts, outfits, etc...some just do not work and I am tired of the others! Thankfully, Hna C  was kind and lent me some of her clothes to wear. All the while the words of my mother ran through my head, ¨Forget the fashion and go to work!¨ Thank you Mom for that advice. hehe We took a taxi and arrived to district meeting just in time.

The remarkable part is how much this experience applies to the GOSPEL. Everything applies to the gospel. When you live, think, talk, breath Preach my Gospel and the scriptures, gospel ideas are always coming to mind, no? It reminds me of when we have done something wrong, it leaves a stain on our soul. A little splotch, which to oneself may appear unnoticable. But when we come unto Christ, He shows us our weaknesses and our faults. If we let Him, He wraps us in His secure arms of love and mercy and heals us. It is like the soap, bleach, and hot water. Then when one day we feel the presence of the Spirit, it is like that great big warm towel wrapped around us to dry us off and let us begin again. I know that the Savior can heal us. He loves us and knows us. He knows how to help us change and become more like Him.

Analogies of wetness and dryness are also in mind considering I spent the week.throwing rocks and sticks at dogs to then find myself walking in a mud puddle. I think a layer of mud keeps away the mosquitoes. That is what I am going to keep going with. I love Ecuador!!!!!!

The members here are really helping us out a ton. We hit a record high this week of 31 lessons with members. It is WAY more fun to teach with members. And I love getting to be with them--they are my friends and there is always something interesting to talk about. Now we need to bring all of these people we are teaching to church. The gran desafio....Please pray for our investigators to come to church this week with broken hearts and contrite spirits.  I know your prayers of faith bless the Lord´s work.

I love this gospel.

Love,
Hermana Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment