Monday, January 2, 2012

Feliz Año!!!!!


Feliz Año!!!!! 
We enjoyed our lockin for fin de año the most that we could. We set goals and plans for FOUR hours satuday and then sunday designed more plans. We are going to speak more spanish, baptize more blessed children of God, and bring many souls to Christ this year! The New Year is just a little bit crazy here. Seriously. Lots of fireworks, loud, war like explosives with the burning of the large paper mache creations, and lots of partying. It is not the ideal situation to feel the Spirit, but I think Ecuador had fun!

I received the Christmas packages this week. Party in the house! We are thoroughly enjoying the candy and I am going to bring the sweets with me to give to the kids here. The kids always run up to me and start searching my bag for treats. 

We were absolutely AMAZED by the vacuum packed cookies from Aaron and Lynn. As soon as they were opened, they were eaten. The cookies were absolutely deeeelicious. Please tell them Thank you thank you so so much. (from Hna C and I). The journal I plan to fill up with these wonderful experiences I am having. It got here just in time--I had just run out of room in my old journal.
I thought of you all eating seafood and halibut on Christmas. I love your halibut by the way. We do eat fish here but it is not the same! We eat shrimp, tilapia, albacore tuna, little fish...I don`t know the name, and those are all yummy too.
The rain has officially begun!!! This means ABUNDANT mangos, mud, and locusts, I feel like I am in Little House on the Prarie sometimes or in the Good Earth. I love the rain! Oh it also means dancing! Grandma M gave me permission to dance in the rain last year so I believe it is ok. :)
This past year has been the most wonderful of my life! The most satisfying experience yet. I just know I will treasure the memories of this year forever. I have learned and grown greatly. The year 2011 will go down in my history!!!!! I love the people, especially those who have chosen to follow Christ and be baptized in His Church. It is the only way to have peace in this life and joy in the life to come.
Thank you for your love and prayers. 
Love,
Hermana Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment