Monday, May 23, 2011

Birthday Gifts


 Familia de mia!

I had a WONDERFUL birthday week! THANK YOU so so so much for the packages. Ok I just received one of the three I think you sent but I LOVED IT SO MUCH! Thank you for the dark chocolate. ahhh to die for.


Chocolate here is hard to come by....it´s different and very expensive. Thank you for the funfetti cake mix and frosting. I nearly started crying of joy. There is no sight of that here---there is not vanilla frosting here. It went perfectly with the homemade oreos Hermana Salmon made for me. I will treasure this can of frosting as I hope investigators treasure the words of the scriptures. DELIGHT in them. Thank you so so so much for every little thoughtful thing in the package. I appreciate it so much!

My birthday was wonderful because I was surrounded by people I love and who love me too! The RS President Hermana Moran made a delicious caramel cake with walnuts (dad would have loved it...I asked for the recipe). Our mamita also made a special lunch for us. Hermana Salmon made me breakfast--muffins and a smoothie. But better than all this was the baptism and confirmation of Nancy and the investigators at church. Truly, these were the greatest gifts. I felt the Spirit testify of the truthfulness of the gospel, and this filled me with happiness! Heavenly Father surely is blessing me with many gifts during my mission. It is a joyful work.

We also went to the temple again this week with our zone for a session and conference with president Montalti. I LOVE the temple here. It really is absolutely beautiful. It motivates me to share the gospel because I know what beauty people can have in their lives. There is such a contrast with the Lord's Holy House and the houses of the people here. Although in the humble circumstances I often see beauty, it is in the House of the Lord that we realize what He offers us is greater than the offerings of the world.



Thank you for your prayers. I am amazed as I learn more about the gospel how well Dad and Mom and our Grandparents have applied the gospel in their lives. Thank you for your examples. I have had such wonderful leaders all throughout YW, Primary, and college. I am thankful to each one of you for how you strengthen me.

love,
Hermana Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment