Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving from Peru!!

 Mi Familia!!!!
It is a highlight to hear from each of you and to hear about how everyone is doing!  It sounds like you are having a great time with the family and Thanksgiving preparations. I will miss being with you to cook all the delicious foods!
This week has been fabulous. Saturday we went to another part of Peru to go proselyte and I had some really wonderful experiences. Hna Catu and I met a girl named Barbara who is 15 years old and was so cute. We talked to her about how Heavenly Father knows her individually. I definitely felt the love of Heavenly Father as I shared this with her. As we talked, I pictured my EFY girls from this summer and my sisters.  I was thrilled to be with youth again. It is a trying time of life and I know the gospel can bring hope to people of every age!
I get a new companion today from Nicaragua. Her name is Hna Nunez, but she will not be here until tonight. I am so excited to meet her!!!! I will miss Hna Catu´s laughter and fun but she will be a rocking missionary.


Ok because it is Thanksgiving, I will take the last few minutes to list what I am thankful for!
1. My family! I love each one of you and am thankful for your support and testimonies. I can feel them.
2. Espanol. The best way to learn a language--immersion and with the Spirit.
3. Hna Salmon- I just know Heavenly Father wanted us to be friends!
4. The people here...They are so generous.
    TANGENT:  Saturday when we were proselyting, a family invited us to eat lunch with them. I quickly said no we just ate lunch and we were not hungry. Hna Catu is simultaneously saying, YES! Thank you so much! Of course!  And I am thinking ohhhhhhhhh dear.
#1 Against mission rules to eat with the people for various reasons
#2 MY stomach. oh no!!! 
#3 I´m not even hungry. Oh dear. Well the Spanish speakers dominated and I was given a large
     plate with food. It was actually delicious but I passed a lot of it to Hna Catu when they were out of 
     the room. I would like to report I am thankful my stomach has been very happy and has not been
     sick.
5. The gospel of Jesus Christ. I know my Savior has made it possible for each of us to find true joy.
 I love each one of you!!!

Hna Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment