Thursday, December 2, 2010

Best week yet!

 
Hola Familia!

This week has been one of the best yet!  
The news of the week.... I have a new companion! Hermana San Francisco. She is from Arica, Chile--- in the Norte part. I love her! She is amazing. All of my roommates are converts to the church and inspire me. Hna San Francisco and I often end up playing a game that reminds me of Catch Phrase. If anyone would like to know how good they would be at communicating in another language, play catch phrase. Seriously, it is the same idea- try to describe the word in every way possible without saying the word. Only you can´t cheat at all because you don't know the word. It´s a lot of fun. My companion and I have become friends quickly and this helps with communicating.

Last P-day, we went on a tour of the city with the North Americans. This was fantastico! We ate Pizza Hut, Dunkin Donuts, and saw beautiful buildings and the OCEAN. The ocean is one of my most favorite things. As soon as I saw it, I was reminded of home and Long Beach. I immediately felt so light and happy. Heavenly Father´s creations bring me so much joy--especially nature. I have heard really encouraging reports about the beauty of Ecuador so I am excited!

I also met missionaries from Guayaquil this week! They are going to missions in Peru. I cannot believe I am going to Ecuador in just two weeks!!! I can distinctly remember opening my mission call and reading
Ecuador, and now I will be there shorty. The Elders from Ecuador are my favorite. I love talking to them and hearing about all I have to look forward to. My level of excitement for Ecuador has escalated.

I am thankful to be in the CCM in Peru right now though for a few reasons. One reason is that President Whetton is from the United States meaning we actually had a Thanksgiving dinner last week! I could have cried tears of joy. I am not sure I have ever been more thankful for mashed potatoes. That is possibly the only way we do not eat potatoes here, and I was so happy to have them. During the dinner, the sun was setting outside and I marveled at how much I have been blessed with on my mission. I love being here and I love all that I am learning. The miracle of it is that the more I learn, the more I want to learn. You would think at some point you would max out of learning. Don´t worry, if that point exists, I do not think I am anywhere near it.

I am so excited (if you couldn´t already tell) to go to Ecuador and share the gospel with every person I meet. I know that Jesus Christ is the Redeemer of all mankind. He lived a perfect life and understands exactly all of our insecurities, weaknesses, temptations, and trials. Because of this, He is the way to find true lasting joy. I can feel this every day as I learn more about Him and how to become more like Him. I know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God and that through him, Heavenly Father restored the Church of Jesus Christ to this
earth. I love sharing this with people because there is so much hope in this message. I know that Heavenly Father wants His children to be happy and even when we do struggle, as we turn to Him, He will give us
the strength we need to endure faithfully. I love this gospel and I love representing Jesus Christ.

Love,
Hermana Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment