Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Easter from Ecuador!

Dearest Family,

I am feeling a whole lot of emotions right now and it is somewhat overwhelming! haha. First off, as I am writing every word is being underlined in red saying that it is mispelled. That is interesting....A reminder that I am still in Ecuador! :) Another reminder is the nightly garbage truck that passes. It is so funny because I believe the music that plays is a tune from Disneyland. It is a really loud, happy song. It puts me in a really good mood...like I am in Disneyland when really I am in the city streets of Ecuador...What do the two have in common? I am not sure apart from the music!

I remember that when I started my mission, I lived in the apartment where all of the hermanas who were ending their mission would arrive just before going home. I got to see the difference between how the missionaries ended their missions. I made the decision that I would finish strong and give it my all! It is true, at the end of a mission, one feels a bit more tired and often has a bit of odd health things happen (stories to come in the future), but I also feel like a brand new missionary again in some ways.
 
I feel like a brand new missionary because every contact, invitation, lesson, Sacrament Meeting, is a reminder that I will soon no longer be doing what I do now! I do not know how to explain it, but yesterday as we taught the Word of Wisdom, I wondered to myself, How many more times would I teach the word of wisdom and testify of the blessings?! I know I will always share the gospel- with family, friends, and others, but it will just not be the same. I wonder if I will end every conversation with ¿Se bautizará? :) I am striving to complete with the life changing calling that I currently have. 

The rain is dying down a bit-- it is not raining every day all day anymore, but rather spontaneously. It has given us a good opportunity to serve others. We carry our large umbrellas with us and then when we see a person getting wet, we run up to help them and share with them the gospel. We found a great youth doing this. I love how the Lord works. 

This morning I was thinking about how thankful I am for the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and His priesthood authority. I am thankful for the worthy priesthood holders who have shown me the righteous, humble way to serve the Lord and exercise His power. Not all of those who have the priesthood treat it with the same respect or treat women with such love and respect. And I am thankful for Dad and Grandpa and many other priesthood holders who strive to do as Christ would and be as He is. 

I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I know that He lives. His hand is in His work and I cannot deny it! I have witnessed His miracles often. He is all powerful, all knowing, and certainly merciful and loving. 

love,
Hermana Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment