Wednesday, February 22, 2012

No Time To Waste!

Hola,
 
Would you believe it? There was another fiesta in Ecuador.

It is Carnival!  As we- four gringas- happily strolled down the street, a truck with a bunch of young guys came down the street. We were deep in conversation and I was completely unaware of what was going on. The next thing I know, we are soaked with water. We took a taxi right back to our apartment to take another shower. In another 15 minutes we were talking to Presidente M. on speaker phone as he told us how bad he felt for us :) and then the mission was confined to our apartments Monday and Tuesday.

Last week we had a conference in Guayaquil with other missionaries and I spoke about what it means to be a successful missionary. It was a really interesting experience because during the talk is when I knew what I needed to say. 

What does it mean to be a sucessful missionary?! Do what I was called to do! Preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I do feel a lot of peace about my mission and know that I have been greatly blessed to be a missionary. It is a joy. I know Heavenly Father loves me and all His children. Now, it is out to work and invite people to come unto Christ today! 

love,
Hermana Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment