Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas is Coming!!

The geese are getting very plump here. Yum yum.
 
I met the area health doctor- Elder Henderson. We had a training meeting with all of the sister missionaries in the mission. This is nearly unheard of! But we had the opportunity to listen to Elder Henderson-- he is an ob-gyn and talked about the sister missionary health concerns. It was informative and I felt like I was back in my BYU physiology class or a dietetics class since we were all girls! It was really fun to be with all of the sisters and my old companions.
 
I bought a watch. My third watch of my mission. Hmm. Maybe from constant usage...lots of SUN....rain...etc. Who knows. But we are really trying to be on time. It is a constant battle because we will be going to a lesson or going to meet a member and then we see someone and just think, MAYBE this person is waiting to be baptized!!! How can we walk by without inviting her to come unto Christ?! I often think of when I was set apart and the blessing said to open my mouth. I have learned to constantly be talking or listening. Listening to the Spirit or to an investigator. Talking to invite, testify, or to ask.
 
 Robert was baptized Saturday and confirmed Sunday. Hna Robison and I sang Away in a Manger in the primary version. The baptism was lovely and many of his family members live in the other ward in which we are working so this worked out great.
 
Thank you for your continual prayers.
 
Love,
Hermana Garlock
 
P.S. It is odd to think of my homecoming talk. Happy Mother`s day!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment